Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kittens and Trust Issues

Guess what. I'm pregnant.

Okay fine i'm not but Munchie is. IT WAS UNEXPECTED! I thought she was an innocent little kitten who turned out to be.. well, not so innocent. I saw the first signs when she was lying on her side on the bedroom floor. Her nipples were swollen and pinkish.. typical of a pregnant kitty. Then, her stomach began to swell. And all hell broke loose.

It took a hundered and one excuses to cover up the truth from my mum, the ultimate cat hater in the house. My sister and i had to turn into persistant beggars just to keep Munchie. She barely agreed to THAT, what more a covey of 5 little rolling balls of fur? I think she would rather get her brand new sofas scratched all over than allow me to keep the kittens. Which i have no intention of doing so of course, since i have both eczema AND asthma.

Still, she does not trust me.

It's driving me nuts! Am i that prone to adorability? And i already promised her a billion and one times that i WOULD get them adopted in a month. She actually wanted to a) toss the whole lot at a nearby coffee shop b) let them rot to death in the SSPCA or c) eat them

Ok c) isn't true but the others are. And of course i said no! I am not cruel thank you very much. And i know what the conditions are in the SSPCA because i volunteered there with Christie for a while. I'll just sum it all up in one word- 'bad'. I think they already have enough cats and dogs to take care of without having to take in another pregnant cat which became homeless because the owner's mum doesn't trust her enough.

"I'm sorry but i'm going to have to dump the cat her cause she's pregnant and my mum doesn't let them stay at the house cause she thinks im incapable of getting them homes myself because i'm too much of a sucker when it comes to cuteness"

Come on people, have a heart. She didn't even let Munchie give birth to her kittens in the house! In the end, my dad convinced her to at least let them stay here while i go around finding homes for them. My dad has always been the softer one when it comes to animals. Thanks to him, lives have been saved! At least while im around. Unless my mum decides to kill them of course, and i don't mean using a knife.

bikini cat Pictures, Images and Photos