Tuesday, July 14, 2009

High-Tech Granny

I think things here have changed alot since i came here. In my aunt's house i mean. In Singapore.

Like for instance, my grandma. A few years ago she was struggling to switch on the telly and suddenly. she has a brand-new ultra-super-sleek walkman phone AND her own personal DVD player. Which even I have trouble working. Sadly.

She can now sit quietly in her room and listen to her Mawi CD without driving anyone off the edge. She used to make us all listen to his songs in the car all the time and told off anyone who dare make any snarky comments about her idol. It got so bad i actually had to make sure i brought my mobile and earplugs whenever we went out to try and keep my sanity...

It's depressing really, to find that your own grandmother can actually sms faster than you. Sigh.